Source: IMPACCT/ UN OCHA
- National curfew from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Relaxation in restrictions: Allowing movement across state boundaries only outside curfew hours from 1 July.
- International flights and domestic flight operations are resuming in Nigeria
- Only cargo where the consignee can provide an exemption letter from Federal Government proving essential cargo status will be handled.
- Port Harcourt is in full lockdown.
Source: WCO/Nigeria Customs Service (NCS)
1. Measures aiming to Facilitate the Cross-border Movement of Relief and Essential Supplies
1.1. Sea ports are still operational with strict measures in place, in line with the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 and the Centre for Disease Control.
1.2. Priority clearance for essential COVID-19 medical supplies import items.
1.3. Land Borders remain closed to passenger traffic and non-essential travel while import and export of essential items are allowed.
1.4 Waiver on all medical supplies and equipment.
2. Measures aiming at Supporting the Economy and Sustaining Supply Chain Continuity
2.1. Re-opening of agricultural export operations while observing all the protocols and guidelines as stipulated by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 and the Centre for Disease Control.
2.2. Free movement of health and food related cargoes, after due inspection by relevant agencies.
2.3. A Task Force on Free Movement of Agricultural Products has been established to facilitate the movement of related goods into and within the Country.
3. Measures aiming at Protecting Customs administrations’ Staff
3.1. Constitution of a medical team to sanitize and sensitize officers against the spread of COVID-19.
3.2. Provision of hand sanitizers, face masks, hand gloves, water containers and antiseptic soaps for regular hand wash; placed at strategic entry/exit points.
3.3. Mandatory use of face masks within critical Customs formations.
3.4. Periodic fumigation of all Customs facilities during the period.
4. Measures aiming at Protecting Society
4.1. Mandatory installation of Handwashing sanitary wares at key Customs facilities.
4.2. Strict adherence to physical distancing within office spaces and during movement within Customs facilities.
4.3. Mandatory use of Personal Protection Equipment before access to Customs Warehouses.