In order to prevent the threat of coronavirus disease in the territory of Azerbaijan, the operative implementation of preventive and urgent measures, a headquarters consisting of heads of relevant government agencies and institutions has been established under the Cabinet of Ministers.
Expert groups consisting of relevant specialists were organized to take preventive measures and monitor all areas of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Also, in order to inform the population and prevent unfounded misinformation, the staff should call + 994-12-492-41-61, + 994-12-492-75-54, + 994-12-505-03-30, + 994-12-505 Hotlines 13-133 have been operating since February 28, 2020.
By the order of the Cabinet of Ministers, the "Action Plan to prevent the spread of a new coronavirus disease in the Republic of Azerbaijan" was approved on January 30, 2020, and the planned measures are being implemented. Taking into account the wide geography of the spread of the disease, the Cabinet of Ministers approved a more comprehensive Action Plan.
Explanation of the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 231
Citizens of 9 countries (from June 10, 2021 - the Russian Federation, the Republic of Turkey; and from June 21, 2021 - the United States, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Republic of Hungary, the State of Israel, the United Arab Emirates, the Kingdom of Bahrain, the Kingdom of Qatar), and citizens of other countries permanently residing in mentioned countries, as well as stateless persons (on the basis of COVID-19 passport and a document confirming the negative result of PCR test on COVID-19 issued within 72 hours prior to flight) are allowed to enter and exit the Republic of Azerbaijan by air.
According to the amendment:
From August 5, 2021, the following 20 countries will be added with the same requirements:
Explanation of the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 223
According to the amendment:
All airlines operating flights to the Republic of Azerbaijan accept passengers on the following conditions:
in respect of foreigners and stateless persons:
1) passengers whose close relatives are citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan (husband, wife, children, parents, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren), including family members of such passengers (husband, wife, parents, children) – are required to confirm the degree of kinship on the basis of a document and the negative result of the PCR test for COVID-19 issued within 72 hours before the flight.
All together, the requirement for a document confirming the negative result of the PCR test for COVID-19, issued within 72 hours before the flight for children under 1 year of age, is abolished.
2) Citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan; diplomatic passport holders, heads of diplomatic missions and consulates of foreign countries in the Republic of Azerbaijan, employees and their families; foreigners and stateless persons with work permits in the Republic of Azerbaijan; foreigners and stateless persons with temporary or permanent residence permits in the Republic of Azerbaijan and their family members (wife, husband, parents, children under 18, as well as children with disabilities over 18); passengers who are granted special entry to the country by the Operational Headquarters under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Azerbaijan Republic – are required to provide relevant supporting documents and a document confirming the negative result of the PCR test for COVID-19, issued within 72 hours before the flight
3) Citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan who do not meet the requirements while crossing the border will be quarantined for two weeks at the expense of the carrier.
4) In violation of the established entry requirements to the Republic of Azerbaijan with 3 (three) or more passengers on each flight or such passengers on each of the 3 (three) flights in a row, will result in temporary suspension of flights to the Republic for the carrier, imposed by the State Civil Aviation Agency under the Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies
The rules of entry and exit to the country by air have been changed
Information of the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers
Explanation for the Resolution No. 167 of the Cabinet of Ministers.
According to the changes:
1) The requirement for passengers departing from the Republic of Azerbaijan to undergo PCR testing for COVID-19 will be regulated by the air carrier in accordance with the rules established at the point of destination. Prior to this, passengers departing from the Republic of Azerbaijan, were only allowed to flight with a certificate which demostrated a negative PCR test result for COVID-19 within 48 hours before the flight.
2) Checks on the certificates of passengers leaving the Republic of Azerbaijan were carried out by medical staff operating at the entrance to the terminals. Passengers were registered for flight and boarded on the basis of these certificates. This requirement is cancelled.
3) Thereafter, all airlines operating flights to the Republic of Azerbaijan accept passengers on the following conditions:
In respect of foreigners and stateless persons:
1. Passengers over 18 years of age - COVID-19 passport (a document confirming full vaccination against COVID-19 or immunity to COVID-19) and a relevant document confirming the negative PCR test result for COVID-19 issued within 72 hours before the flight;
2. Passengers between the ages of 1-18 - on the basis of a document confirming the negative PCR test result for COVID-19, issued only within 72 hours before the flight;
In relation to the citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan:
On the basis of a document confirming the negative PCR test result for COVID-19 issued within 72 hours before the flight.
4) In addition, the ban on the carriage of hand luggages for passengers has been lifted in Azerbaijan.
The Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan has adopted a Resolution to gradually abolish the requirement for special permits for citizens of several countries with stable epidemiological conditions to visit the country.
The information shared by the Task Force reads:
"As it is known, one of the measures taken to prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan is to allow foreign citizens to enter the territory of the Republic only with the special permission of the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers.
Considering large-scale measures taken over the past year, including a successful vaccination program launched in January 2021, the epidemiological situation in Azerbaijan has improved, a number of restrictions imposed under the special quarantine regime have been removed.
Currently, the epidemiological situation is stabilizing in a number of countries around the world, and as a result of consistent vaccination measures, infections in those countries are getting under control.
In this regard, the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan has adopted a Resolution to abolish the requirement for special permits step by step for citizens of several countries with stable epidemiological situation to visit the country.
Therefore, starting from June 10th, taking into consideration the positive dynamics in the epidemiological situation, citizens of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Turkey will be able to travel to Azerbaijan by air under the following conditions:
- Passengers over 18 years are required to submit an official document issued by the relevant country on complete vaccination or recovery from COVID-19 (COVID passport), plus an official document confirming the negative result of the PCR test for COVID-19 within 72 hours before the flight;
- Submission of an official document confirming the negative result of the PCR test for COVID-19 within 72 hours before the flight for passengers aged 1 to 18 years.
In the meanwhile, starting from June 10th, the term of the official document confirming the negative result of the PCR test for COVID-19 for all passengers over the age of 1 will be extended from 48 to 72 hours before the flight. COVID passports and PCR test results will not be required for children under the age of 1 year.
All airlines operating direct flights to the Republic of Azerbaijan must only register those passengers who meet the relevant requirements. Passengers who do not meet the requirements while crossing the border to the territory of Azerbaijan will not be allowed to enter the country at the entrance and will be returned by the same aircraft at the expense of the carrier.
In the near future, based on the epidemiological situation and the level of vaccination of the population, the issue of restoring access for citizens of other countries to the Republic of Azerbaijan by air is being considered."
A Resolution has been adopted on changing the quarantine regime
The Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan has adopted a Resolution to extend the quarantine regime and removed some of restrictions.
The Resolution reads:
To extend the special quarantine regime in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan until 06:00 on August 1, 2021, in order to prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection and its possible complications in the country.
It is determined that:
- starting from May 31, 2021, 06:00:
- the requirement to use respiratory protective equipments (e.g., medical masks, cloth face masks, respirators, etc.) in public places in the open air is abolished;
- passenger transportation activity is resumed in Baku Metro;
- land and air passenger transportation from cities and regions of the country is resumed.
- starting from 00:00 on June 10, 2021, the following areas of work and services will be restored:
- religious places of worship (not more than 50% of spots for worship at a time (not more than 50 people in total));
- large shopping centers (except for the activities of childrens’ and other entertainment centers, and cinemas);
- sports and health-recovery facilities (without the requirement to use respiratory protective equipments), taking into account paragraph 2.3 of this Resolution;
- beaches and venues located in their territory such as swimming pools, water attractions, sports and games.
- Except for persons under the age of 18, only those who obtain COVID-19 passport (with COVID-19 vaccination certificate) or COVID-19 immunity certificate (with recovery from COVID-19) are able to access sports and health recovery facilities;
- From July 1st, 2021, at least 80 percent of employees will be required to acquire a COVID-19 passport or COVID-19 immunity certificate in the identified work and service sectors.
- According to paragraphs 2.1 and 2.2 of this Resolution, it is obligatory to comply with the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, as well as with all the requirements and methodical instructions given by other state bodies (institutions) against the coronavirus infection in the spheres of work and services.
- A limited number of spectators are allowed to participate in 4 matches of the 2021 European Football Championship in Baku;
- Individuals, legal entities and officials are going to be held accountable for violation of the requirements of this Resoution in accordance with the Administrative Offenses and Criminal Codes of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The special quarantine regime will be extended until August 1st.
June 5-7, 2021, 00:00 to 06:00; June 13-14, 2021, 00:00 to 06:00; June 19-20, 2021, 00:00 to 06:00; June 26-28, 2021, 00:00 to 06:00 public transport, as well as passenger transportation in the Baku Metro is suspended.
The Resolution will take effect on May 31, 2021 at 06:00.
Another wave of the COVID 19 pandemic faced by the international community is currently making its way. Insofar, over 60 million infection cases are already registered at global level with over 1 million of people dead from this type of coronavirus. The high level of virus infections in this stage of the pandemic makes it necessary to apply again toughened quarantine measures across various countries.
Considering high infection level observed in recent months in Azerbaijan, it has been decided to undertake toughened quarantine measures in the national territory to avert the spread of virus.
According to the relevant decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, following will be applied:
SMS permit system is applied in following cases:
Considering the impact on economic activities of the restrictions applied from 00:00 of 14 December 2020 until 00:00 of 18 January 2021, single financial support in the amount of AZN190 will be provided to almost 600 thousand persons in need defined during previous toughened quarantine regime. At the same time, employers working in restricted areas are considered to be compensated.
It should be recalled that it is imperative to wear accordingly medical masks in all closed and open areas of the country during the period of special quarantine regime.
We call upon every person to be supportive of these measures undertaken by the Government and strictly abide by quarantine requirements in fighting COVID 19 virus for the sake of health of yourself and your family to avert its wider spread.
During the current period, it is necessary not to be in public places without any serious necessity, avoid a close contact with other persons, and keep social distance in closed and open places and use medical mask and other protective means. We kindly ask you to strictly observe self-isolation rules as you start feeling first signs of this disease and undergo a course of necessary treatment.
You can access the decisions 450 and 451 of the Cabinet of Ministers on following links:
Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers has passed the decision on making some changes to the special quarantine regime following the discussions on sanitary – epidemiological situation in the country.
In the accordance with relevant decisions of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the duration of special quarantine regime in the national territory is extended until 06:00, 28 December 2020.
In this context, due to the rising dynamics of COVID 19 infections in recent days, it has decided to undertake following lockdown measures:
It should be reminded that the lack of using a medical mask in relevant places or the failure of its proper use rules shall entail a liability envisaged in the law.
Annex 1 to the decision 450 provides the list of areas in which the activities are authorized on Saturdays and Sundays from November 21 to December 28.
A drastic rise of COVID-19 virus infection cases around the world, including Azerbaijan and the latest days’ statistical data, in particular, have made it necessary to make some changes to the special quarantine regime rules.
Due to the repeal of limitations imposed on entrepreneurial activities, persons employed in work places and service areas that have the permit to operate, are engaged in working activities in full volumes. In its turn, it results by overloading of public transport, creates problems in observing quarantine rules in working places and causes the density inside trade and service facilities.
With a view to the current situation, the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers recommends following to the enterprises operating in private sector:
- To employ necessary staff members in limited numbers and ensure to the maximum the distant work of other staff members;
- Except very necessary cases, employees aged over 65 should not be employed temporarily while retaining their salaries.
Vətəndaş qəbulu həyata keçirən qurumlarda koronavirus (COVİD-19) infeksiyasının profilaktikasına dair metodiki göstərişlər
Task Force makes decision to implement additional mitigation measures in some areas from 00:00 on 8 September
As a result of preventive measures being taken in connection with the introduction of a special quarantine regime in the Republic of Azerbaijan and thanks to the responsible conduct of the country’s population, the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) infection has been limited and a reduction has been achieved in the number of infections.
Starting from 5 August, some of the restrictions were lifted and mitigation measures implemented in the in cities and regions with a strict quarantine regime and across the country.
In accordance with the sanitary-epidemiological situation the decision has been made to implement additional mitigation measures in the following areas from 00:00 on 8 September 2020:
- Subject to compliance with relevant quarantine rules and in accordance with Resolution No. 237 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On regulation of some issues related to customer service in public catering establishments during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic” dated 6 July 2020, on-site customer service at public catering facilities is allowed until 00:00;
- Restrictions on travel to and from Baku, Sumgayit cities and Absheron district are being lifted (except for intercity and inter-district passenger transportation).
Based on the current sanitary-epidemiological situation and in order to prevent new cases of the virus, the Task Force once again calls on everyone to comply with the requirements of the quarantine regime and follow medical and preventive rules.
The Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers adopts the decision on changes to the special quarantine regime
In accordance with the decision of the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, several changes are made to the rules of applying the countrywide special quarantine regime.
The countrywide special quarantine regime’s duration is extended until 30 September 2020 in line with the decision 310 of the Cabinet of Ministers.
In accordance with the decision 311 of the Cabinet of Ministers, the tough special quarantine regime is envisaged to be applied until 30 September 2020 only in the cities of Baku and Sumgayit and the Absheron district.
Starting from 06:00 local time, 31 August, museums and exhibition halls are to restore their activities. (According to this decision, museums and exhibitions halls that are authorized to run their activities, shall organize their work in line with current rules, sanitary norms and requirements set in methodical guidelines).
Educational and tutor services are authorized in individual and group modes (except classes held with participation of over 10 persons).
Passenger transportation services of the Baku Metro will remain suspended until 15 September 2020.
The suspension of public transport traffic on Saturdays and Sundays will be applied until 30 September 2020.
Thus, public transport traffic is suspended in 2020 in the following modes:
From 00:00, 5 September to 06:00, 7 September;
From 00:00, 12 September to 06:00, 14 September;
From 00:00, 19 September to 06:00, 21 September;
From 00:00, 26 September to 06:00, 28 September.
The decision 312 of the Cabinet of Ministers defines the schedule regulating activities of educational facilities in special quarantine regime.
Preschool educational facilities start from 15 September 2020;
Secondary education facilities start as follows:
- Initial educational level of secondary education (grades I - IV) starts from 15 September 2020.
- Special schools, special boarding schools, boarding schools for secondary education, inclusive boarding school type educational institutions, inclusive boarding school type gymnasiums, secondary education boarding schools for children deprived of parental care start to operate from 15 September 2020.
- Preschool preparation stage for secondary education (children aged 5) starts from 1 October 2020.
- Middle educational level of secondary education (grades V - IX) starts from 1 October 2020.
- Full educational level of secondary education (grades X - XI) starts from 15 October 2020.
Vocational education institutions start their activities as follows:
- Short term courses start from 1 October 2020.
- All levels of vocational education start from 15 October 2020.
Higher and secondary vocational education facilities:
- I grade students start from 1 October 2020;
- Students of II grade or higher start their education from 15 October 2020 in accordance with their list to be agreed with the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan and professions defined by educational institutions considering specifications of each profession.
- Depending on age groups and grades at children’s musical and art schools, the educational process starts in accordance with the dates set in Item 1.2 of the decision.
The Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan shall prepare temporary rules of organizing educational and training processes in educational facilities and submit it to the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan in 10 (ten) days.
The educational and training process organized in real time mode in educational facilities can be restored in accordance with the dates set in the present Decision on the basis of relevant opinions of the Chief state sanitary doctor or hygiene and epidemiology centers of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Azerbaijan saying that the sanitary epidemiological situation in the entire territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan or in its various administrative territorial entities, poses no threat to the public health.
During the period of validity of the present Decision, mass events besides the educational process with participation of students and teachers shall be suspended.
Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers adopts another set of measures to soften tough quarantine regime
Having noted a positive dynamics in COVID 19 infection cases and a necessity to boost economic activities, the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers has adopted the decision to authorize some production, trade and service areas’ activities.
According to the relevant decision of the Cabinet of Ministers, following items are added to the list of authorized areas starting from 00:00, 10 August 2020 in the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Yevlakh, Masally, Jalilabad, Mingechevir and in the territory of districts of Absheron, Barda, Salyan, Khachmaz, Goranboy and Goygol:
- Holding outdoor sport competitions and games;
- Activities of trading facilities selling non-food products and the areas that service the population (except large trade centers);
- Production of machines and equipment; and also
- Electric equipment;
- Computer, electronic and optic products;
- Automobiles, trailers and semi-trailers;
- Other transportation means;
- Polygraph products;
- Musical instruments and sport products;
- Textile industry;
- Shoe making;
- Leather and leather products;
- Tobacco products;
- Other industrial products.
The restrictions are repealed in relation to 50% out of total number of employees working in the areas given below as well as to 30% out of total number of persons working on the basis of a labor contract based on permits obtained via a civil law contract in the same areas and activities:
- Production of daycare and hygiene products;
- Production and repair of construction equipment and home appliances;
- Engineering and project design services;
- Production of packaging products;
- Production of stone, metal and wood products;
- Furniture production and repair;
- Pet shops, including animal food selling stores;
- Sales points of construction materials and home products;
- Online sales;
- Dry cleaning;
- Regulation activities in residential buildings, except flats;
- Automobiles’ repair;
- Car wash points;
- Animal shelters;
- Translation services.
Entry and exit of persons into the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Yevlakh, Masally, Jalilabad, Mingechevir and in the territory of districts of Absheron, Barda, Salyan, Khachmaz, Goranboy and Goygol are regulated on the basis of following rules:
- Persons wishing to participate in funerals of their close relative shall bear a permit obtained via 102 Service – Call Center of the On-Duty Officers’ Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- If there is an urgent medical need or an application issued by a physician requiring a treatment by timetable;
- Persons with tickets for relevant international or internal flights are required to show tickets or those that pass the State border and enter into the national territory are required to show the stamp in their passport to be able to go to their place of residence or stay.
The Task Force appeals on and informs citizens to strictly abide by sanitary – epidemiological requirements to synchronize infection preventive measures with overall economic activities. The observance of sanitary and epidemiology requirements is the only way to continue economic activities and expand it further.
Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers | 03 August 2020 - 16:00
Changes are made to the quarantine regime
The results of tough lockdown measures applied since 21 June 2020 to prevent wider prevalence of the new type coronavirus (COVID 19) infection have made possible to observe the stabilization of sanitary – epidemiological situation. The preventive measures and the civil observance of current rules have led to a drop in numbers of those infected by the virus. According to the actual sanitary and epidemiological situation, the decision is passed to apply some softening in cities and districts with tough quarantine regime, including the entire country.
Starting from 06:00, 05 August 2020, the SMS based permit system, including service pass presentation and icaze.e-gov.az portal options to leave a place of residence or current whereabouts are repealed in cities and districts of tough special quarantine zone.
The entry into the beaches is also authorized in the country on the basis of rules set by the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources, the Ministry of Emergencies and the Baku City Executive Power Authority in line with quarantine regime requirements.
Tough special quarantine regime will apply in following cities and districts until 00:00, 31 August 2020 with a view to the infection dynamics of COVID 19 infection:
The cities of Baku, Jalilabad, Ganja, Masally, Mingechevir, Sumgayit, Yevlakh and the districts of Absheron, Barda, Goranboy, Goygol, Khachmaz and Salyan.
Following limitations remain in force in 13 cities and districts with applied tough special quarantine regime:
All public transport traffic on weekends in following timetable:
At the same time, the rules remain in force in relation to the authorized activities and service areas on the basis of the decision adopted by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan on 19 June 2020. Likewise, the banned activities and service areas remain the same.
Following limitations adopted in the framework of special quarantine regime in the country remain in force until 00:00, 31 August 2020:
We encourage you to observe the rules of current preventive measures and medical-prophylactics requirements, avoid being in groups exceeding 5 persons in public places, keep social distance and wear protective masks to maximally protect yourself and your relatives from virus infection and reduce the number of infected people.
The Information from the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers
In accordance with the analysis of current sanitary and epidemiological situation related to the spread of new type coronavirus (COVID 19) infection, the special quarantine regime is extended until 00:00 of the 31st of August 2020.
At the same time, toughened quarantine regime shall not be applied starting from 20 July 2020 in the city of Lenkeran and the Samukh district considering the dynamics of spreading of COVID 19 infection among citizens.
According to the existing sanitary – epidemiological situation in the cities of Baku, Jalilabad, Ganja, Masally, Mingechevir, Sumgayit, Yevlakh and the districts of Absheron, Barda, Goranboy, Goygol, Khachmaz, Siyazan and Sheki, the toughened special quarantine regime will continue until 06:00 of the 5th of August 2020. Also, all public transport operations will be suspended in weekend days in the cities and districts with toughened special quarantine regime:
From 00:00, 25 July to 06:00, 27 July;
From 00:00, 1 August to 06:00, 3 August;
Starting from 20 July 2020, hairstyle and beauty salons, and make-up services shall be authorized except massage and bath services in the cities and districts with the toughened special quarantine regime. At the same time, the duration of SMS authorization for persons to leave their residential places or current whereabouts is extended from 2 hours to 3 hours.
Stemming out from the current sanitary – epidemiological situation, we once again call upon every person to respect the rules of personal hygiene, including medical and prophylactics rules and observe the preventive conditions to protect yourself and your relatives from virus to the maximum extent.
Task Force unveils another set of the measures to toughen special quarantine regime
To decelerate the pace of virus spread caused by the new type of coronavirus (COVID 19) infection, and minimize its consequences, the special quarantine regime in the country is extended until 00:00 local time of the 1st August 2020. At the same time, the measures are bound to be applied to further toughen the special quarantine regime in the territory of the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkoran, Yevlakh, Masally, Jalilabad and the Absheron peninsula.
As reported by the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers to Azertac State Agency, following activities and services shall be suspended for the said period in the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkoran, Yevlakh, Masally, Jalilabad and the Absheron peninsula:
Following persons are authorized for any movement in this period upon presentation of their service cards in the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkoran, Yevlakh, Masally, Jalilabad and the Absheron peninsula:
• The Administration of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Administrative Department of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Medical Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Staff members of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan and employees of the Administrative Department of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
Following representatives are authorized for any movement with the only condition that their employers introduce the data of their employees into icaze.e-gov.az portal via using encrypted e-signature: employees of other State bodies (authorities); members of ASAN Volunteers Public Union, Agricultural Development Volunteers Movement, Regional Development Public Union, “Bir” Student Volunteers Organization, volunteers of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Azerbaijan, including employees of the legal persons and their employees whose activities are allowed in the list defined by the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, including natural persons and their employees running their entrepreneurial activities with the status of a legal entity whose work is authorized to ensure the protection of private legal entities under lockdown and any technical safety.
To enable the movement of other persons at the same time, data about employees of legal persons involved in the harvesting of agricultural products, their shift-based irrigation operations, urgent veterinary and plant protection operations, must be introduced by employers using their encrypted e-signature on the icaze.e-gov.az portal while natural persons dealing with the same area are introduced by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan or representatives of the local executive power authority in their area.
SMS text must contain one of two following indexes and data about identity card:
We should note that SMS based information is free. Reply generated via information system of e-government indicates the validity time of SMS based authorization. Any person can leave the residential place and his/her current whereabouts upon receiving positive reply only.
It is not required to send SMS in case of urgent need to leave the residential place or current whereabouts in case of any direct danger to life and health. Also, persons can leave their residential area and current whereabouts without sending SMS if they are called to courts or law enforcement bodies. In this case, they must present the document on their call to the court or the law enforcement body upon the request by a police officer.
In relation to any difficulty that may arise from the rules of using SMS based permit systems and sending SMS messages, persons can apply to 9108 Call Center of the State Agency for Public Services and Social Innovations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan (ASAN Service).
To leave his/her residential place or current whereabouts due to the participation at funerals of close relatives, any person must obtain the authorization via 102 Service Call Center of the Operative Management Service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
It is imperative that the persons on move must bear their identity cards in accordance with these rules.
Natural, legal persons and high ranking officials shall be liable in line with the clauses of the Administrative Offences Code and the Criminal Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan for any violation of the rules applied in the framework of movement restrictions defined by the relevant decision of the Cabinet of Ministers.
The observance of the rules of movement restrictions defined by the said decision is enforced by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The control over any operation of inputting the data into the icaze.e-gov.az portal by the employers of private legal entities acting in the areas authorized in the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkoran, Yevlakh, Masally, Jalilabad and the Absheron peninsula as well as the data of natural persons running their entrepreneurial activities without the status of a legal person and their employees is done by the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the State Agency for Public Services and Social Innovations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan for the period from 00:00 local time of the 21st of June 2020 until 06:00 of the 5th of July 2020. In case of wrong input of data to obtain the authorization via the icaze.e-gov.az or any misuse of authorization granting procedure via SMS to leave the residential place or current whereabouts, such actions shall be reported to relevant bodies for liability measures.
Persons that have purchased air tickets for relevant international or internal flights are authorized to leave their residential place or current whereabouts on the basis of those air tickets while any return of persons crossing the State border and entering accordingly into the country are authorized to reach their residential place or other whereabouts on the basis of entry stamp on their passports.
We call once again on every person to observe the rules of personal hygiene as well as medical prophylactics, leave their homes only in the case of serious necessity, be in minimal contact with other persons in public places, avoid assembling in groups exceeding 10 persons in one place and respect current preventive measures and conditions due to the current situation of COVID 19. The fight against COVID 19 is a long process. Therefore, any preventive action against this disease is recommended as a daily life style of each person.
Limitations applied to the entry – exit operations via the State border of the Republic of Azerbaijan are extended until 1 July 2020
In the framework of the measures undertaken to prevent the wide spread of the new type coronavirus (COVID 19) infection, the limitations applied temporarily to the entry – exit operations via the State border as well as the postponement of international flights are extended until further notice.
The situation in the world related to COVID 19 pandemic is analyzed, and except cargo transportations and charter flights, the limitations applied to entry and exit operations via land and air routes in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan are extended until 1 July 2020.
Limitations applied to the entry – exit operations via the State border of the Republic of Azerbaijan are extended until 15 June 2020
The majority of the States have temporarily closed the borders and extended the postponement of international flights in the framework of measures undertaken to prevent further spread of new type coronavirus (COVID 19) infection.
The world situation of COVID 19 pandemic is analyzed, and except cargo transportation and charter flights, the limitations applied to the entry – exit operations via land and air borders in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan are extended until 15 June 2020 to sustain the wider spread of virus in the national territory.
Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azebraijan
Following the analysis of the current sanitary and epidemiological situation in Azerbaijan, preventive measures undertaken in other nations, including the recommendations of the World Health Organization in connection to the new type coronavirus (COVID-19) infection, the deadline of the special quarantine regime is hereby extended until 00:00 of 31 May 2020.
At the same time, the decision is taken to ease some restrictions applied in the country with a view to the pace of virus spread among communities.
Easing of the restriction is being done gradually in Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja and Lenkeran cities, including Absheron district and other districts based on the current sanitary and epidemiological situation, the number of patients and the infection pace.
In this regard, the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkeran and the Absheron district will do the following starting from 00:00 of 4 May 2020:
• The activities performed by employees of public agencies are to be restored in the fixed volume (the maximum number of employees of public agencies whose activities are restored shall be defined by a relevant decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan);
Except the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkeron and the Absheron district, other districts and cities, including the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic will do the following starting from 00:00 of 4 May 2020:
• The system of SMS-based exits from residences places by passing the registration on ‘icaze.e-gov.az’ or on the basis of service cards/certificate of employer is abolished;
It is prohibited to assemble in a group exceeding 10 persons in public places, boulevards and parks, including in services’ areas under the regime of special quarantine.
The suspension of the educational process in all educational institutions of the country as well as the training and education works is extended until 31 May 2020.
The persons working in the areas where the restrictions are called off in the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkeron and the Absheron district are allowed to travel after the data about such persons are input by their respective employers into the icaze.e-gov.az portal signing it electronically.
During the pandemic, the activities of relevant institutions, including retail and service stores in the national territory are done in line with necessary social behavior and sanitary-epidemiological rules defined by the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
We appeal once again upon every person to observe individual hygiene, including medical preventive rules, exit your place of residence in the case of necessity only, minimize contacts with other persons in public places, and extend a proper support to the measures undertaken by the State and respect requirements and recommendations of the Task Force.
In next stage, depending on sanitary epidemiological situation, a decision may be taken to call off another part of current restrictions.
It should be noted that relevant rules are applied by analyzing regularly sanitary and epidemiological situation related to COVID-19 virus in the country. Due to this reason, once the dynamics of COVID virus infection and the disease status in the country will make it necessary, it is possible to see re-toughening of the special quarantine regime.
Azerbaijan-Georgia border to close for 10 days
On March 13, Prime Minister of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ali Asadov and Prime Minister of Georgia Giorgi Gakharia had a telephone conversation in connection with the spread of the coronavirus.
By mutual agreement of the heads of government a decision was made to close the state border between Azerbaijan and Georgia for all means of transport for a period of 10 days beginning at 00.00, March 14, 2020, in order to ensure safety and protect health of citizens of both countries. A corridor will be ensured during this period to allow citizens of Azerbaijan and Georgia to return to their countries. Cargo transportation will also be allowed through a dedicated transit corridor.
Visa registration via “ASAN Viza” electronic portal suspended for 45 days
As the World Health Organisation (WHO) labeled the coronavirus a pandemic, the visa registration through “ASAN Viza” electronic portal is suspended for 45 days in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Foreigners traveling to the country are requested to apply to relevant embassies and consulates general of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The embassies and consulates general of the Republic of Azerbaijan will be working in a special regime.
Based on the WHO recommendations, nationals of the most affected countries traveling to Azerbaijan will be required to submit a medical certificate to prove they are not infected with COVID-19. This will also apply to non-residents that have visited the most affected countries in the past 14 days.
Subject to their personal medical data, all foreigners traveling to Azerbaijan may be placed under a 14- day quarantine or requested to self-isolate for a quarantine period of 14 days. Foreigners may also be tested for COVID-19.
Citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan traveling from the People's Republic of China, Republic of Korea, Islamic Republic of Iran, Japan, Italy, Spain, France and Germany will be subject to quarantine for a period of 14, or if needed, 21 days.
All citizens are required to observe the quarantine regime imposed in the Republic of Azerbaijan in connection with COVID-19.
France, Germany, as well as other countries are requested to register with the embassies and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan and observe the relevant quarantine procedures imposed by the countries of their stay.
Citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan are urged to avoid non-essential travel to foreign countries in the next two months.
Additional measures taken by Republic of Azerbaijan in respect of Covid-19 pandemics at border checkpoints
The Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan has issued an Action Plan in order to
-decision to temporarily close the state border between the Republic of Azerbaijan
-goods that are imported from the Islamic Republic of Iran or through their territory
-decision allowing transportation of trucks that come from the Islamic Republic of
-fast and smooth movement of goods required for COVID-19 treatment has a
-staff has been trained by specialists from the Ministry of Health;
-the use of provided personal protective equipment such as gloves, masks,
-relevant hygiene measures such as hands washing and disinfection, disinfection
- disinfection of trucks and vehicles;
- employees who do not maintain essential services are put on standby duty;
- persons returning from risk areas may not enter the office for 14 days after their
- continuous dissemination of leaflets with WHO recommendations regarding
- body temperature screening at planes, ships and buses;
- body temperature checks and health inquiry on departure at airports, seaports and
- isolation and transfer to hospital of suspected passengers with symptoms like fever
- isolation and transfer to hospital for further testing and observation of passengers
-entry passengers are required to fill in health declaration forms, providing all
- continuous data exchange between the relevant agencies.
Azerbaijan and Georgia, the decision on the temporary closure of the state border, adopted on March 13, 2020, was extended until April 20. There is a transit corridor for cargo transportation.
(Source: https://cabmin.gov.az/az/article/762/ )
Despite restrictions on the the movement of persons across borders during COVID-19 pandemic, Azerbaijan’s borders remain open for the movement of goods.
The State Customs Committee is taking the following measures to limit the spread of the pandemic:
- Preventive measures have been stepped up and are in place at all customs border checkpoints.
- All vehicles entering the country are disinfected several times, both by a stationary disinfection device and manually.
- Cargo imported to Azerbaijan from Iran and its territory is unloaded onto vehicles with Azerbaijani registration plates.
- Vehicles carrying transit cargo are escorted to their destination by the State Traffic Police.
In accordance with the decision of the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan, foreign drivers of freight vehicles will be able to enter the territory of Azerbaijan or transit through Azerbaijan without obstacles.
Maritime transportation (including trucks and container trans-shipment) with certain restrictions with neighbouring countries (Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan) is open and ongoing.
- Only Turkmen freight drivers can use Turkmenistan ships heading to their country. Also, only trailers and semi-trailers will be allowed to be loaded on to the Turkmen ships.
- All drivers are obliged to test in the Port of Baku, in the guarantee zone before loading. Only the drivers with negative test result certificates can enter Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan. The test results are made available within 6-8 hours.
- At the Port of Baku, truck drivers wait for the ship in dedicated clean zones and food is being provided.
Road Transport: all border-crossing points (with Iran, Russia, Georgia and Turkey) are open for road transport (only for freight).
- Accompanied (police escort) freight vehicles from Iran and from Alat port, heading in the Georgia direction, are allowed to cross the borders of Azerbaijan.
- According to the order of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, free food and rest places are provided for international truck drivers.
- The border between Azerbaijan and Iran is closed to all passenger traffic as of 29.02.2020.
- The border between Azerbaijan and Georgia is closed to all passenger traffic as of 14.03.2020.
- The border between Azerbaijan and Turkey is closed to all passenger traffic as of 14.03.2020.
- The border between Azerbaijan and Russia is closed to all passenger traffic as of 18.03.2020.
Note: In all these cases, allowances are made for citizens of Azerbaijan to cross the border to return home, and vice-versa.
The visa registration through “ASAN Viza” electronic portal is suspended due to the global epidemic situation.
Useful links and hotline:
- The State Agency on Mandatory Health Insurance (TABIB)
- COVID-19 Hotline of TABIB: 1542
- Operational Headquarters under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Azerbaijan(information in Azerbaijani only)
Source: Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan