Source: WCO/Togo Revenue Authority
Measures adopted to manage the COVID-19 pandemic
1. Measures to facilitate the cross-border movement of relief consignments and
Following instruction 002/2020/OTR/CG of 6 April 2020 concerning measures to ease Customs
formalities for the period of the crisis associated with COVID-19, the following measures have
been adopted to facilitate and accelerate imports of medical supplies and equipment and
personal protective equipment at the Customs border:
- Temporary clearance of goods imported as part of the campaign against COVID-19;
- Regularization within a time limit of ten (10) days, extendable as needed.
2. Measures to support the economy and ensure supply chain continuity
Exemption from all Customs duties and taxes on medical supplies and equipment and products
used solely in the campaign against COVID-19 according to the classification table in the
instruction cited in section 1.
3. Measures to ensure protection for Customs Administration personnel
Following the instruction from the Commissioner General of the Togo Revenue Authority on
preventative measures adopted as part of the campaign against the COVID-19 pandemic, the
following steps have been taken at Customs offices:
- A hand-washing system has been put in place at all entries to Togo Revenue Authority
offices and posts (including Customs posts);
- Flag raising and lowering ceremonies have been temporarily suspended;
- Meetings of the whole staff of the division have been temporarily suspended, in favour of
- Meetings are held on a section-by-section basis, with social distancing measures in force
and a limit on the number of participants;
- Action has been taken to raise staff and user awareness of personal protective measures
(posting of a service note to staff and the notice for users);
- All personnel use masks and gloves in performing their tasks;
- All economic operators and users involved in the Customs clearance process at the airport
- Procedures are being computerized; this is being done more online.
4. Measures to ensure protection for the public
In the face of the coronavirus pandemic, the Togolese Government has decreed a state of
health emergency with special measures. These include:
- Official working hours have been reorganized to run from 09:00 to 16:00 with a break from
13:00 to 13:30;
- There has been a curfew over the whole country from 20:00 to 06:00 since 2 April 2020;
- All meeting places are closed until further notice.
Further information: http://www.wcoomd.org.....natural-disaster/covid_19/togo...