GRBP Task Force Tyre Pressure Monitoring System and Tyre Installation (TPMSTI) under the 1958 Agreement
Adopted by GRBP Task Force Tyre Pressure Monitoring System and Tyre Installation (TPMSTI)
under the 1958 Agreement
at its 1 st meeting
- Following the 71 st GRBP session , this document establishes Guidelines for the work of the Task Force TPMSTI under the 1958 Agreement.
- The aim of the Task Force is to introduce harmonized measures on Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) and on Tyre Installation for all M-, N- and O-categories of vehicles to UN Regulation No. 141 and to No. 142, in order to increase vehicles safety and their environmental performance.
B. Objective of Task Force Tyre Pressure Monitoring System and Tyre Installation
- The Task Force shall develop and propose requirements for Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) and for Tyre Installation concerning all M-, N- and O-categories of vehicles .
- The scope and purpose of the Task Force should cover UN Regulation No. 141 and No. 142.
- The Task Force shall, where appropriate, develop amendments to these two Regulations.
- The Task Force shall report to GRBP.
C. Rules of Procedure
- The Task Force is open to all participants of GRBP. However it is recommended that a maximum of two technical experts per country and organization participate in this group. Task Force will be chaired by EC . OICA shall act as Secretary.
- The working language will be English.
- All documents and/or proposals must be submitted to the Secretary of Task Force in a suitable electronic format at least one week before the session .
- An agenda and the latest draft document will be circulated to all members of Task Force in advance of all scheduled meetings.
- All Task Force documentation will be made available on the dedicated UNECE website.
- The Task Force decisions will be reached by consensus. When consensus cannot be reached, the Task Force Chairman shall present the different points of view to GRBP and seek guidance from GRBP as appropriate.
- The aim of Task Force is to present a working document for consideration during the 72 nd GRBP in September 2020.