Closure of several border crossings
Several border crossings were closed to restrict trafic to certain points focussing screenings.
End date: not available
Further information: https://www.politiadefrontiera.ro/ro/traficonline/
Suspension of direct rail transport services between Italy and Romania (12.03.2020)
Romania has notified the Commission of its decision to suspend direct services of rail passenger transport between Italy and Romania.
Start date: 12.03.2020
End date: 31.03.2020
Temporary and limited relaxation of the enforcement of driving and rest times for the drivers of vehicles transporting goods.
Romania notifed a temporary and limited relaxation of the enforcement of driving and rest times under Article 14(2) of Regulation (EC) No 561/2006. It will apply to those drivers involved in the transport of goods in all the Spanish territory. It will apply to those drivers involved in domestic and international transport.
Start date: 18.03.2020
End date: 16.04.2020
Further information: https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/transport/files/temporary-relaxatio...
Romanian Ministry of Internal Affairs announced new measures as follows:
1) Retail activities, products and services are temporarily suspended in the shopping centers where several economic operators operate, except for the sale of food, veterinary or pharmaceutical products and cleaning services.
2) Recommendations entering in force on March 22, 2020, at 22.00 (local time) for the movement of people between 06.00 – 22.00:
- the movement of persons outside the home/household should be carried out only for the following reasons:
a) travel in professional interest, including moving between home/household and the workplace, when the professional activity is essential and cannot be postponed or performed remotely;
b) travel for the provision of goods that cover the basic needs of the persons and their pets, as well as goods necessary for the professional activity;
c) travel for healthcare that cannot be postponed or performed remotely;
d) displacement for justified reasons, such as caring/accompanying the child, the assistance of elderly, sick or disabled persons or death of a family member;
e) short trips, near the home/household, related to the individual physical activity of the people and the needs of their pets.
3) Between 22.00 – 06.00 the movement of persons outside the home/household is allowed only by presenting, at the request of the competent authorities, a certificate issued by the employer or a declaration on their own responsibility. The declaration on its own responsibility must include name and surname, date of birth, address of place of residence/household/place of work and reason for travel. The measure shall be applied from March 23, 2020, at 22:00 (local time).
4) Foreign citizens cannot enter Romania's territory unless they transit Romania through designated corridors, whose list will be shared as soon as it is made available. The following categories are exempted from such provision:
a) family members of Romanian citizens;
b) family members of citizens of other EU Member States, of the European Economic Area, or of the Swiss Confederation, residing in Romania;
c) citizens who hold a long-stay visa, a residence permit or a document equivalent to the residence permit issued by the Romanian authorities, or an equivalent document issued by the authorities of other states, according to the law of the European Union;
d) people travelling in professional interest, evidenced by visa, residence permit, or other equivalent documents;
e) diplomatic staff or consular personnel, personnel of international organisations, military personnel or personnel who can provide humanitarian aid;
f) passengers in transit, including those repatriated as a result of granting consular protection;
g) passengers travelling on imperative grounds (medical or family);
h) persons who need international protection or for other humanitarian reasons.
- National transport of goods and passengers
- International road freight transport
- Drivers of goods vehicles over 2.4t who arrive from or have passed through "red areas" or "yellow areas" are not subject to quarantine or isolation measures if at the border crossing point they do not show symptoms associated with coronavirus infection SARS-CoV-2. All persons entering Romania will have to fill in a form. Templates of these forms are available in Romanian and English here.
- Drivers of goods vehicles over 2.4t have the obligation, at the border crossing point, to have on them and to wear individual means of protection, such as disinfectant, gloves, face mask and to present documents attesting the route of travel to the destination.