IMPORTATION ET DOUANES
(Informations mises à jour le 27 mai : Cluster Logistique)
Within the framework of the national response to the COVID-19 crisis, the Niger Customs is still
1. Protect Customs staff and users
- establishment of a crisis unit at the Directorate General, involving a medical officer, and
- dissemination of the protection measures and best practices to control the means of
- distribution of disinfectants, masks and gloves, and installation of disinfection stations in the
- according to the government general instructions, cancellation of non-critical meetings and
2. Support economic actors
- facilitation of payment,
- suspension of penalties for payment delays.
3. Facilitate and encourage the imports of sanitary goods
- the imported volumes of necessities to alert the government on risks of shortages and prices
- the revenue collected and the fiscal impact of the trade flows slowdown between Niger and
- the structure of imports according to the countries of origin, to assess the potential impacts
- the exemptions of sanitary products and equipments.
These indicators are shared, weekly, with the Ministry of Finance.