1. Passengers must have:
- a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before departure from the first embarkation point. The certificate must be in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
- This does not apply to:
- nationals and residents of Brazil. They can also enter with a negative COVID-19 antigen or RT-PCR test taken at most 1 day before departure from the first embarkation point. The test certificate must be in English, Portuguese or Spanish;
- passengers with a letter issued by a doctor proving that the passenger is medically unable to receive the vaccine. They can also enter with a negative COVID-19 antigen or RT-PCR test taken at most 1 day before departure from the first embarkation point. The letter and test certificate must be in English, Portuguese or Spanish;
- passengers arriving from Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Rep., Chad, Congo, Congo (Dem. Rep.), Cote d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Kenya, Kiribati, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Isl., Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Uganda, Yemen or Zambia. They can also enter with a negative COVID-19 antigen or RT-PCR test taken at most 1 day before departure from the first embarkation point. The letter and test certificate must be in English, Portuguese or Spanish;
- passengers with two positive COVID-19 RT-PCR tests. The tests must be taken at least 14 days apart and the second test at most 24 hours before departure. They must have a COVID-19 recovery certificate in English, Portuguese or Spanish showing that they are asymptomatic and fit to fly. The certificate must show the travel date;
- passengers younger than 12 years traveling with parents/guardians. The parents/guardians must have a negative antigen or RT-PCR test result. If traveling alone they must have a negative COVID-19 antigen or RT-PCR test taken at most 1 day before departure from the first embarkation point.
- passengers younger than 2 years.
2. Airline crew are subject to quarantine in a hotel room until their next flight.
- This does not apply to airline crew with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before departure from the first embarkation point.
Source: WCO/Customs administration
26 March 2020
Actions to prevent the Coronavirus outbreak - BRAZIL email@example.com
Website dedicated toCovid-19 information, related to customs and internal revenue. https://receita.economia.gov.br/covid-19/covid-19/
2. Health and Prevention
- Guidance for the Federal Administration on preventive measures, e.g.travel restrictions; risk areas, digital documents instead of paper; Home office.
- Government statement on community transmission stage (20/03/20).
Government statement of National Importance Emergency on Public Health, due to the 2019-nCOVoutbreak (COVID-19)
- Implementation of a National Emergency Operational Center on Public Health (COEnCOV) with competencies to plan, organize, coordinate and control the measures to be taken.
- Congress approval of a law ruling the measures to tackle the emergency on Public Health due to COVID-19.
- Implementation of a Crisis Committee to supervise and monitor the impacts of COVID-19 (Presidential Level).
- Interruption of in-person classes to online classes
- Implementation of a Congressional Commission to monitor the fiscal situation of the measures related to tackle the virus outbreak
- Change on procurement procedures to facilitate and speedup the processes
- Decree establishing the public services considered essential to tackle the outbreak.
- Regulation prescribing anticipated release of goods prior the inspection and clearance, according to HS Classification Reference from the WCO.
- Implementation of a Special License for the exports of goods to tackle the virus outbreak
- Implementation of previous authorization for the exports of chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine as raw materials, semi-finished or finished products.
- Prioritizing the destination of goods seized, according to the HS Classification Reference from the WCO
- Daily monitoring of the clearance of goods to tackle the virus outbreak, according to the HS Classification Reference from the WCO
- Redistribution of workload on postal and express consignments, due to the reduction of in and out bound parcels
- Production of online courses on customs matters, due to the leave of customs officers
- Reduction of duties and taxes for the imports of goods to tackle the virus outbreak, according to the HS Classification Reference from WCO
- Orientation for all Customs Officers on the need to wear the necessary IPE (individual Protective Equipment): Gloves, glasses, masks…
- Implementation of a Customs Operational Center for Crisis Management, competent to supervise, monitor and guide the customs processes.
- Additional Credit for the ministries of Education and Defense
- Additional Credit for states and municipalities
- Facilitation of credit for bank institutions
- Reduction of duties and taxes
- Delay of up to 12 months for the reimbursement of airway tickets
Further Information: www.wcoomd.org/-/media/wco/pub....
Ordinance No. 125, OF MARCH 19, 2020
It provides for the exceptional and temporary restriction of entry into the country of foreigners from the countries it lists, as recommended by the National Health Surveillance Agency. Art. 5 The restriction referred to in this Ordinance does not apply to traffic of road cargo transportation, in accordance with current legislation;
PORTARIA Nº 125, DE 19 DE MARÇO DE 2020
Dispõe sobre a restrição excepcional e temporária de entrada no País de estrangeiros oriundos dos países que relaciona, conforme recomendação da Agência Nacional de Vigilância Sanitária. Art. 5º A restrição de que trata esta Portaria não impede o livre tráfego do transporte rodoviário de cargas, na forma da legislação vigente;
Source: ANTAQ - National Agency of Waterborne Transport
Resolution No 7,653, March 31, 2020: Establish measures in response to the public health emergency in the field of waterborne passenger transport and port facilities due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Resolution No 7,653, March 31, 2020: Estabelece medidas em resposta à emergência de saúde pública no âmbito do transporte aquaviário de passageiros e nas instalações portuárias em razão da pandemia do COVID-19.