Source: Republic of Azerbaijan Cabinet of Ministers
Vətəndaş qəbulu həyata keçirən qurumlarda koronavirus (COVİD-19) infeksiyasının profilaktikasına dair metodiki göstərişlər
Task Force makes decision to implement additional mitigation measures in some areas from 00:00 on 8 September
As a result of preventive measures being taken in connection with the introduction of a special quarantine regime in the Republic of Azerbaijan and thanks to the responsible conduct of the country’s population, the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) infection has been limited and a reduction has been achieved in the number of infections.
Starting from 5 August, some of the restrictions were lifted and mitigation measures implemented in the in cities and regions with a strict quarantine regime and across the country.
In accordance with the sanitary-epidemiological situation the decision has been made to implement additional mitigation measures in the following areas from 00:00 on 8 September 2020:
- Subject to compliance with relevant quarantine rules and in accordance with Resolution No. 237 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On regulation of some issues related to customer service in public catering establishments during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic” dated 6 July 2020, on-site customer service at public catering facilities is allowed until 00:00;
- Restrictions on travel to and from Baku, Sumgayit cities and Absheron district are being lifted (except for intercity and inter-district passenger transportation).
Based on the current sanitary-epidemiological situation and in order to prevent new cases of the virus, the Task Force once again calls on everyone to comply with the requirements of the quarantine regime and follow medical and preventive rules.
The Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers adopts the decision on changes to the special quarantine regime
In accordance with the decision of the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, several changes are made to the rules of applying the countrywide special quarantine regime.
The countrywide special quarantine regime’s duration is extended until 30 September 2020 in line with the decision 310 of the Cabinet of Ministers.
In accordance with the decision 311 of the Cabinet of Ministers, the tough special quarantine regime is envisaged to be applied until 30 September 2020 only in the cities of Baku and Sumgayit and the Absheron district.
Starting from 06:00 local time, 31 August, museums and exhibition halls are to restore their activities. (According to this decision, museums and exhibitions halls that are authorized to run their activities, shall organize their work in line with current rules, sanitary norms and requirements set in methodical guidelines).
Educational and tutor services are authorized in individual and group modes (except classes held with participation of over 10 persons).
Passenger transportation services of the Baku Metro will remain suspended until 15 September 2020.
The suspension of public transport traffic on Saturdays and Sundays will be applied until 30 September 2020.
Thus, public transport traffic is suspended in 2020 in the following modes:
From 00:00, 5 September to 06:00, 7 September;
From 00:00, 12 September to 06:00, 14 September;
From 00:00, 19 September to 06:00, 21 September;
From 00:00, 26 September to 06:00, 28 September.
The decision 312 of the Cabinet of Ministers defines the schedule regulating activities of educational facilities in special quarantine regime.
Preschool educational facilities start from 15 September 2020;
Secondary education facilities start as follows:
- Initial educational level of secondary education (grades I - IV) starts from 15 September 2020.
- Special schools, special boarding schools, boarding schools for secondary education, inclusive boarding school type educational institutions, inclusive boarding school type gymnasiums, secondary education boarding schools for children deprived of parental care start to operate from 15 September 2020.
- Preschool preparation stage for secondary education (children aged 5) starts from 1 October 2020.
- Middle educational level of secondary education (grades V - IX) starts from 1 October 2020.
- Full educational level of secondary education (grades X - XI) starts from 15 October 2020.
Vocational education institutions start their activities as follows:
- Short term courses start from 1 October 2020.
- All levels of vocational education start from 15 October 2020.
Higher and secondary vocational education facilities:
- I grade students start from 1 October 2020;
- Students of II grade or higher start their education from 15 October 2020 in accordance with their list to be agreed with the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan and professions defined by educational institutions considering specifications of each profession.
- Depending on age groups and grades at children’s musical and art schools, the educational process starts in accordance with the dates set in Item 1.2 of the decision.
The Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan shall prepare temporary rules of organizing educational and training processes in educational facilities and submit it to the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan in 10 (ten) days.
The educational and training process organized in real time mode in educational facilities can be restored in accordance with the dates set in the present Decision on the basis of relevant opinions of the Chief state sanitary doctor or hygiene and epidemiology centers of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Azerbaijan saying that the sanitary epidemiological situation in the entire territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan or in its various administrative territorial entities, poses no threat to the public health.
During the period of validity of the present Decision, mass events besides the educational process with participation of students and teachers shall be suspended.
Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers adopts another set of measures to soften tough quarantine regime
Having noted a positive dynamics in COVID 19 infection cases and a necessity to boost economic activities, the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers has adopted the decision to authorize some production, trade and service areas’ activities.
According to the relevant decision of the Cabinet of Ministers, following items are added to the list of authorized areas starting from 00:00, 10 August 2020 in the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Yevlakh, Masally, Jalilabad, Mingechevir and in the territory of districts of Absheron, Barda, Salyan, Khachmaz, Goranboy and Goygol:
- Holding outdoor sport competitions and games;
- Activities of trading facilities selling non-food products and the areas that service the population (except large trade centers);
- Production of machines and equipment; and also
- Electric equipment;
- Computer, electronic and optic products;
- Automobiles, trailers and semi-trailers;
- Other transportation means;
- Polygraph products;
- Musical instruments and sport products;
- Textile industry;
- Shoe making;
- Leather and leather products;
- Tobacco products;
- Other industrial products.
The restrictions are repealed in relation to 50% out of total number of employees working in the areas given below as well as to 30% out of total number of persons working on the basis of a labor contract based on permits obtained via a civil law contract in the same areas and activities:
- Production of daycare and hygiene products;
- Production and repair of construction equipment and home appliances;
- Engineering and project design services;
- Production of packaging products;
- Production of stone, metal and wood products;
- Furniture production and repair;
- Pet shops, including animal food selling stores;
- Sales points of construction materials and home products;
- Online sales;
- Dry cleaning;
- Regulation activities in residential buildings, except flats;
- Automobiles’ repair;
- Car wash points;
- Animal shelters;
- Translation services.
Entry and exit of persons into the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Yevlakh, Masally, Jalilabad, Mingechevir and in the territory of districts of Absheron, Barda, Salyan, Khachmaz, Goranboy and Goygol are regulated on the basis of following rules:
- Persons wishing to participate in funerals of their close relative shall bear a permit obtained via 102 Service – Call Center of the On-Duty Officers’ Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- If there is an urgent medical need or an application issued by a physician requiring a treatment by timetable;
- Persons with tickets for relevant international or internal flights are required to show tickets or those that pass the State border and enter into the national territory are required to show the stamp in their passport to be able to go to their place of residence or stay.
The Task Force appeals on and informs citizens to strictly abide by sanitary – epidemiological requirements to synchronize infection preventive measures with overall economic activities. The observance of sanitary and epidemiology requirements is the only way to continue economic activities and expand it further.
Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers | 03 August 2020 - 16:00
Changes are made to the quarantine regime
The results of tough lockdown measures applied since 21 June 2020 to prevent wider prevalence of the new type coronavirus (COVID 19) infection have made possible to observe the stabilization of sanitary – epidemiological situation. The preventive measures and the civil observance of current rules have led to a drop in numbers of those infected by the virus. According to the actual sanitary and epidemiological situation, the decision is passed to apply some softening in cities and districts with tough quarantine regime, including the entire country.
Starting from 06:00, 05 August 2020, the SMS based permit system, including service pass presentation and icaze.e-gov.az portal options to leave a place of residence or current whereabouts are repealed in cities and districts of tough special quarantine zone.
The entry into the beaches is also authorized in the country on the basis of rules set by the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources, the Ministry of Emergencies and the Baku City Executive Power Authority in line with quarantine regime requirements.
Tough special quarantine regime will apply in following cities and districts until 00:00, 31 August 2020 with a view to the infection dynamics of COVID 19 infection:
The cities of Baku, Jalilabad, Ganja, Masally, Mingechevir, Sumgayit, Yevlakh and the districts of Absheron, Barda, Goranboy, Goygol, Khachmaz and Salyan.
Following limitations remain in force in 13 cities and districts with applied tough special quarantine regime:
All public transport traffic on weekends in following timetable:
- From 00:00, 8 August to 06:00, 10 August;
- From 00:00, 15 August to 06:00, 17 August;
- From 00:00, 22 August to 06:00, 24 August;
- From 00:00, 29 August to 06:00, 31 August;
- Large trade centers and malls except food stores and drug stores inside those premises;
- On-site services to customers in service areas;
- Museums and exhibition halls;
- Educational and training activities in all educational facilities (except exams, contests, interviews and reception of letters from citizens wishing to obtain various certificates and documents);
- All mass events, including outdoor sport competitions and games, including cultural and sport events.
At the same time, the rules remain in force in relation to the authorized activities and service areas on the basis of the decision adopted by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan on 19 June 2020. Likewise, the banned activities and service areas remain the same.
Following limitations adopted in the framework of special quarantine regime in the country remain in force until 00:00, 31 August 2020:
- Suspension of entry and exit into the national territory by land and air transport (except special and charter flights);
- Suspension of entry and exit into cities and districts with tough special quarantine regime except special vehicles, including medical emergency, technical emergency repair, rescue and cargo transportation units; halting of all passenger transportation services by land and air into other cities and districts of the country (except the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic);
- On-site reception of citizens in groups and individually in public agencies, except ASAN Service and DOST Service Centers;
- Birthday, marriage, engagement and other such ceremonies are banned in customers’ houses or other premises, including also the services of organizing such events;
- Closing down children’s and other entertaining centers, cinema houses and on-site services located in large trade centers and malls;
- Suspension of activities run by entertaining spaces, including children’s entertaining areas (including those located on the boulevard and in the territory of squares);
- Suspension of sport, health and recreation services (except medical services in this area);
- Halting of activities run in cultural premises, including movie houses, theaters and sport halls;
- Prohibition of religious procession services, organizing and holding funerals in halls, tents and other indoor areas, except a burial ceremony itself;
- Prohibition of marriage ceremonies;
- Halting of educational and training activities in all educational facilities (except exams, contests, interviews and reception of letters from citizens wishing to obtain various certificates and documents);
- Prohibition to group in numbers exceeding 5 persons in public places, including streets, boulevards, squares and other places;
- Suspension of all mass events, including cultural and sport events;
- Prohibition of use of hookah equipment in service areas;
- Prohibition of visits by relatives of infected persons to see them while they are being treated in healthcare facilities;
- Prohibition of massage and bath services.
We encourage you to observe the rules of current preventive measures and medical-prophylactics requirements, avoid being in groups exceeding 5 persons in public places, keep social distance and wear protective masks to maximally protect yourself and your relatives from virus infection and reduce the number of infected people.
The Information from the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers
In accordance with the analysis of current sanitary and epidemiological situation related to the spread of new type coronavirus (COVID 19) infection, the special quarantine regime is extended until 00:00 of the 31st of August 2020.
At the same time, toughened quarantine regime shall not be applied starting from 20 July 2020 in the city of Lenkeran and the Samukh district considering the dynamics of spreading of COVID 19 infection among citizens.
According to the existing sanitary – epidemiological situation in the cities of Baku, Jalilabad, Ganja, Masally, Mingechevir, Sumgayit, Yevlakh and the districts of Absheron, Barda, Goranboy, Goygol, Khachmaz, Siyazan and Sheki, the toughened special quarantine regime will continue until 06:00 of the 5th of August 2020. Also, all public transport operations will be suspended in weekend days in the cities and districts with toughened special quarantine regime:
From 00:00, 25 July to 06:00, 27 July;
From 00:00, 1 August to 06:00, 3 August;
Starting from 20 July 2020, hairstyle and beauty salons, and make-up services shall be authorized except massage and bath services in the cities and districts with the toughened special quarantine regime. At the same time, the duration of SMS authorization for persons to leave their residential places or current whereabouts is extended from 2 hours to 3 hours.
Stemming out from the current sanitary – epidemiological situation, we once again call upon every person to respect the rules of personal hygiene, including medical and prophylactics rules and observe the preventive conditions to protect yourself and your relatives from virus to the maximum extent.
Task Force unveils another set of the measures to toughen special quarantine regime
To decelerate the pace of virus spread caused by the new type of coronavirus (COVID 19) infection, and minimize its consequences, the special quarantine regime in the country is extended until 00:00 local time of the 1st August 2020. At the same time, the measures are bound to be applied to further toughen the special quarantine regime in the territory of the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkoran, Yevlakh, Masally, Jalilabad and the Absheron peninsula.
As reported by the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers to Azertac State Agency, following activities and services shall be suspended for the said period in the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkoran, Yevlakh, Masally, Jalilabad and the Absheron peninsula:
• Large malls except food shops and drugstores located in its building;
• Customer services at spot in public services areas;
• Museums and exhibition halls;
• Hair salons, beauty studios and cosmetic services (including services provided in customer’s homes or other premises);
• Educational institutions (except online exams, competitions and interviewing sessions);
• Outdoor sport competitions and games.
Following persons are authorized for any movement in this period upon presentation of their service cards in the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkoran, Yevlakh, Masally, Jalilabad and the Absheron peninsula:
• The Administration of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Administrative Department of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Medical Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Staff members of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan and employees of the Administrative Department of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
• Members of the Milli Majlis of the Republic of Azerbaijan and members of its Staff;
• Heads of center and local executive authorities and their deputies;
• Heads and their deputies of the legal entities owned by the Government, including the public law entities established on behalf of the State;
• Employees of law enforcement bodies, courts and military service institutions, and lawyers;
• Staff members of the diplomatic representative offices and international organizations accredited to the Republic of Azerbaijan and their local staff (on the basis of accreditation cards issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan).
Following representatives are authorized for any movement with the only condition that their employers introduce the data of their employees into icaze.e-gov.az portal via using encrypted e-signature: employees of other State bodies (authorities); members of ASAN Volunteers Public Union, Agricultural Development Volunteers Movement, Regional Development Public Union, “Bir” Student Volunteers Organization, volunteers of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Azerbaijan, including employees of the legal persons and their employees whose activities are allowed in the list defined by the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, including natural persons and their employees running their entrepreneurial activities with the status of a legal entity whose work is authorized to ensure the protection of private legal entities under lockdown and any technical safety.
To enable the movement of other persons at the same time, data about employees of legal persons involved in the harvesting of agricultural products, their shift-based irrigation operations, urgent veterinary and plant protection operations, must be introduced by employers using their encrypted e-signature on the icaze.e-gov.az portal while natural persons dealing with the same area are introduced by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan or representatives of the local executive power authority in their area.
Other persons are authorized to leave their residential places or any place they are positioned currently in the following cases:
• Urgency medical necessity or any such treatment in accordance with timetable (on the basis of SMS);
• Buying food and other daily consumption products, including pharmaceuticals, and using public services, including other services extended in various working and service areas authorized as a type of public services or bank and post services, but also, in case of necessity to spend time outdoor (on the basis of SMS);
• Necessity to participate at funerals of close relatives (using 102 Service Call Center);
SMS text must contain one of two following indexes and data about identity card:
• Number 1 – the authorization is granted to leave the residential place or current whereabouts for 2 (two) hours due to the urgent medical urgency or treatment in accordance with timetable (within the district and the city). If there is a need to circulate between the districts and the cities, the distance to the address due and the time for treatment procedure are considered duly. The return is authorized on the basis of the doctor’s permit time and must be presented to any police officer in case of necessity);
• Number 2 - the authorization is granted to leave the residential place or current whereabouts for 2 (two) hours due to the need of buying food and other daily consumption products and pharmaceuticals, but also to benefit from public services, including other services such as public services or bank and post services, and in case of necessity to spend time outdoors. This authorization is issued once per day. The return time for persons that leave their residential place or current whereabouts to benefit from relevant public services, is defined by relevant State body’s permit paper.
We should note that SMS based information is free. Reply generated via information system of e-government indicates the validity time of SMS based authorization. Any person can leave the residential place and his/her current whereabouts upon receiving positive reply only.
It is not required to send SMS in case of urgent need to leave the residential place or current whereabouts in case of any direct danger to life and health. Also, persons can leave their residential area and current whereabouts without sending SMS if they are called to courts or law enforcement bodies. In this case, they must present the document on their call to the court or the law enforcement body upon the request by a police officer.
In relation to any difficulty that may arise from the rules of using SMS based permit systems and sending SMS messages, persons can apply to 9108 Call Center of the State Agency for Public Services and Social Innovations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan (ASAN Service).
To leave his/her residential place or current whereabouts due to the participation at funerals of close relatives, any person must obtain the authorization via 102 Service Call Center of the Operative Management Service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
It is imperative that the persons on move must bear their identity cards in accordance with these rules.
Natural, legal persons and high ranking officials shall be liable in line with the clauses of the Administrative Offences Code and the Criminal Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan for any violation of the rules applied in the framework of movement restrictions defined by the relevant decision of the Cabinet of Ministers.
The observance of the rules of movement restrictions defined by the said decision is enforced by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The control over any operation of inputting the data into the icaze.e-gov.az portal by the employers of private legal entities acting in the areas authorized in the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkoran, Yevlakh, Masally, Jalilabad and the Absheron peninsula as well as the data of natural persons running their entrepreneurial activities without the status of a legal person and their employees is done by the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the State Agency for Public Services and Social Innovations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan for the period from 00:00 local time of the 21st of June 2020 until 06:00 of the 5th of July 2020. In case of wrong input of data to obtain the authorization via the icaze.e-gov.az or any misuse of authorization granting procedure via SMS to leave the residential place or current whereabouts, such actions shall be reported to relevant bodies for liability measures.
Persons that have purchased air tickets for relevant international or internal flights are authorized to leave their residential place or current whereabouts on the basis of those air tickets while any return of persons crossing the State border and entering accordingly into the country are authorized to reach their residential place or other whereabouts on the basis of entry stamp on their passports.
We call once again on every person to observe the rules of personal hygiene as well as medical prophylactics, leave their homes only in the case of serious necessity, be in minimal contact with other persons in public places, avoid assembling in groups exceeding 10 persons in one place and respect current preventive measures and conditions due to the current situation of COVID 19. The fight against COVID 19 is a long process. Therefore, any preventive action against this disease is recommended as a daily life style of each person.
Limitations applied to the entry – exit operations via the State border of the Republic of Azerbaijan are extended until 1 July 2020
In the framework of the measures undertaken to prevent the wide spread of the new type coronavirus (COVID 19) infection, the limitations applied temporarily to the entry – exit operations via the State border as well as the postponement of international flights are extended until further notice.
The situation in the world related to COVID 19 pandemic is analyzed, and except cargo transportations and charter flights, the limitations applied to entry and exit operations via land and air routes in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan are extended until 1 July 2020.
Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers | 29 May 2020 - 17:20
Limitations applied to the entry – exit operations via the State border of the Republic of Azerbaijan are extended until 15 June 2020
The majority of the States have temporarily closed the borders and extended the postponement of international flights in the framework of measures undertaken to prevent further spread of new type coronavirus (COVID 19) infection.
The world situation of COVID 19 pandemic is analyzed, and except cargo transportation and charter flights, the limitations applied to the entry – exit operations via land and air borders in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan are extended until 15 June 2020 to sustain the wider spread of virus in the national territory.
Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azebraijan
Following the analysis of the current sanitary and epidemiological situation in Azerbaijan, preventive measures undertaken in other nations, including the recommendations of the World Health Organization in connection to the new type coronavirus (COVID-19) infection, the deadline of the special quarantine regime is hereby extended until 00:00 of 31 May 2020.
At the same time, the decision is taken to ease some restrictions applied in the country with a view to the pace of virus spread among communities.
Easing of the restriction is being done gradually in Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja and Lenkeran cities, including Absheron district and other districts based on the current sanitary and epidemiological situation, the number of patients and the infection pace.
In this regard, the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkeran and the Absheron district will do the following starting from 00:00 of 4 May 2020:
• The activities performed by employees of public agencies are to be restored in the fixed volume (the maximum number of employees of public agencies whose activities are restored shall be defined by a relevant decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan);
• The DOST Centers restore their operations to deliver bank cards for targeted State social assistance and social sphere in accordance with the areas of their service;
• Activities of legal and natural persons that deliver works and services to other entrepreneurial institutions in various areas where the restrictions are applied in the special quarantine regime are being restored;
• Activities of individual retail stores are being restored in all areas;
• The work of hairdressers, women’s beauty studios and make-up services are being restored.
Except the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkeron and the Absheron district, other districts and cities, including the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic will do the following starting from 00:00 of 4 May 2020:
• The system of SMS-based exits from residences places by passing the registration on ‘icaze.e-gov.az’ or on the basis of service cards/certificate of employer is abolished;
• The DOST Centers restore their operations to deliver bank cards for targeted State social assistance and social sphere in accordance with the areas of their service;
• The activities of employees of public agencies are restored in full numbers;
• In-place services delivered to clients in restaurants, cafes and tea houses are being restored (except service areas using hookah);
• The restrictions applied to any entry in boulevards, parks and resting zones are called off;
• Entry and exit into the districts and between the cities in mentioned territories are being restored (except public passenger transportation services);
• Activities of individual retail stores are being restored in all areas;
• The work of hairdressers, women’s beauty studios and make-up services are being restored.
It is prohibited to assemble in a group exceeding 10 persons in public places, boulevards and parks, including in services’ areas under the regime of special quarantine.
The suspension of the educational process in all educational institutions of the country as well as the training and education works is extended until 31 May 2020.
The persons working in the areas where the restrictions are called off in the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkeron and the Absheron district are allowed to travel after the data about such persons are input by their respective employers into the icaze.e-gov.az portal signing it electronically.
During the pandemic, the activities of relevant institutions, including retail and service stores in the national territory are done in line with necessary social behavior and sanitary-epidemiological rules defined by the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
We appeal once again upon every person to observe individual hygiene, including medical preventive rules, exit your place of residence in the case of necessity only, minimize contacts with other persons in public places, and extend a proper support to the measures undertaken by the State and respect requirements and recommendations of the Task Force.
In next stage, depending on sanitary epidemiological situation, a decision may be taken to call off another part of current restrictions.
It should be noted that relevant rules are applied by analyzing regularly sanitary and epidemiological situation related to COVID-19 virus in the country. Due to this reason, once the dynamics of COVID virus infection and the disease status in the country will make it necessary, it is possible to see re-toughening of the special quarantine regime.
Azerbaijan-Georgia border to close for 10 days
On March 13, Prime Minister of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ali Asadov and Prime Minister of Georgia Giorgi Gakharia had a telephone conversation in connection with the spread of the coronavirus.
By mutual agreement of the heads of government a decision was made to close the state border between Azerbaijan and Georgia for all means of transport for a period of 10 days beginning at 00.00, March 14, 2020, in order to ensure safety and protect health of citizens of both countries. A corridor will be ensured during this period to allow citizens of Azerbaijan and Georgia to return to their countries. Cargo transportation will also be allowed through a dedicated transit corridor.
Visa registration via “ASAN Viza” electronic portal suspended for 45 days
As the World Health Organisation (WHO) labeled the coronavirus a pandemic, the visa registration through “ASAN Viza” electronic portal is suspended for 45 days in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Foreigners traveling to the country are requested to apply to relevant embassies and consulates general of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The embassies and consulates general of the Republic of Azerbaijan will be working in a special regime.
Based on the WHO recommendations, nationals of the most affected countries traveling to Azerbaijan will be required to submit a medical certificate to prove they are not infected with COVID-19. This will also apply to non-residents that have visited the most affected countries in the past 14 days.
Subject to their personal medical data, all foreigners traveling to Azerbaijan may be placed under a 14- day quarantine or requested to self-isolate for a quarantine period of 14 days. Foreigners may also be tested for COVID-19.
Citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan traveling from the People's Republic of China, Republic of Korea, Islamic Republic of Iran, Japan, Italy, Spain, France and Germany will be subject to quarantine for a period of 14, or if needed, 21 days.
All citizens are required to observe the quarantine regime imposed in the Republic of Azerbaijan in connection with COVID-19.
Citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan staying in the People's Republic of China, Republic of Korea, Islamic Republic of Iran, Japan, EU countries, especially Italy, Spain,
France, Germany, as well as other countries are requested to register with the embassies and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan and observe the relevant quarantine procedures imposed by the countries of their stay.
Citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan are urged to avoid non-essential travel to foreign countries in the next two months.
Source: State Customs Committee
Additional measures taken by Republic of Azerbaijan in respect of Covid-19 pandemics at border checkpoints
- In order to strengthen sanitary control at customs border checkpoints during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Medical Service Department of the State Customs Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan prepared “Methodical Recommendation on sanitary-hygienic behavior of customs officers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic” and submitted to the staff.
- According to the Decision of the Operational Headquarters under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, in order to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection, as well as to ensure the safety and health of citizens’ entry-exit by land and air (including domestic flights) were suspended with the exception of cargo transportation.
- In accordance with the respective Decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan "On approval of the Rules for quarantine control of infectious diseases transmitted by airborne droplets in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan" drivers of the vehicles carrying out cargo transportation entering the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan from the checkpoints, undergo a medical laboratory examination and are taken under quarantine control in accordance with the sanitary rules at the place of residence or stay until the results of the examination are obtained.
- In accordance with the above-mentioned Decision health check of drivers of the vehicles crossing transit the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan are made and their smooth movement on condition not to leave the vehicle in the direction of their destination point is provided by accompanying officers of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Vehicles are provided with fuel to the point of destination. In case of need to refuel at a gas station, drivers must use protective supplies and observe a minimum distance (at least 1 (one) meter) depending on the nature of the infectious disease when communicating with other people. Necessary needs of drivers are met in the same way.
- In accordance with the above-mentioned Decision if during the assessment of the health of drivers of vehicles crossing transit the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan a suspicion of infection aroused at the border checkpoint, they shall be returned to the competent authorities of the country of arrival. When these drivers are suspected of having an infectious disease after entering the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan or while traveling to the country of destination, they are sent to a medical sorting facility with a laboratory examination. A final decision on their treatment is made depending on their results of laboratory tests.
- A modern “PCR” virus laboratory has been established within the Medical Service Department of the State Customs Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan and necessary conditions have been created for appropriate medical examination of customs officers.
- The State Customs Committee agrees to use places designated in the territory of Baku International Sea Trade Port as warehouse of temporary storage and customs warehouse. The use of these warehouses has created conditions for storage of transit transported goods, continuing its transit by loading goods to containers, railway wagons or auto vehicles.
- According to the agreement reached with Azerbaijan Railways CJSC re-compiling of railway bill of lading is not required for rail-ferry transport on the Trans-Caspian International Transport Route, and railway bill of lading accepted for transporting ferries in Kazakhstan are used.
- According to the respective decisions of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan the export of certain medical supplies and medicines from the country was temporarily restricted, a number of medical supplies imported to Azerbaijan and raw materials required for their domestic production were temporarily exempted from import duties.
- Disinfection barriers were installed at all customs border crossing points and disinfection activities are carried out regularly as well as stationary and portable thermal imagers were installed, and isolation places provided with special equipments were developed at checkpoints.
- Taking into account the requirements of some countries for entry into the territory of the country on the basis of a certificate confirming the analysis of Covid-19 virus by drivers involved in international transport, organization has been made to take these tests both on borders and in the port area and provide relevant certificates.
- Importation of risk category animals, wild animals brought for zoo shops and zoos, products of animal origin and sea products, directly or from transit countries, are temporarily restricted.
- WCO Secretary General Mr. Kunio Mikuriya as a Chairman of the Council, heads of customs services of Azerbaijan, Dominican, India, Bahrain, Guinea and Botsvana as Deputy Chairmen held a videoconference on April 22, 2020 to strengthen international customs cooperation for fulfilling the tasks ahead in the fight against pandemics and regular consultations are held.
- A joint video conference meeting among the Ministers of Economy/Trade and heads of customs Administrations of the member and observer states of the Cooperation Council of Turkic Speaking States and observer states was held on May 6, 2020 on the current state of the economy and international trade and measures taken in the condition of the Covid-19 pandemics.
Source: State Customs Committee
The Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan has issued an Action Plan in order to
prevent the spread of COVID-19. The authorities of the Republic of Azerbaijan established
Operational Headquarters under the Cabinet of Ministers consisting of senior officials of the
appropriate government authorities, which coordinates response of the Republic of Azerbaijan to
the spread of the coronavirus worldwide and threat of the outbreak of the infection in the country.
In order to implement the above mentioned Action Plan and decisions of Operational
Headquarters under the Cabinet of Ministers, the Customs Administration has taken following
-all customs border crossing points have set to work in enhanced mode;
-decision to temporarily close the state border between the Republic of Azerbaijan
and the Islamic Republic of Iran, Georgia and the Russian Federation was made
based on mutual agreement in order to ensure safety and protect the health of the
citizens of both countries;
-goods that are imported from the Islamic Republic of Iran or through their territory
by trucks are transshipped to the Republic of Azerbaijani trucks at terminals, close
to customs border crossing points;
-decision allowing transportation of trucks that come from the Islamic Republic of
Iran through a dedicated transit corridor with police escort was initially adopted;
-fast and smooth movement of goods required for COVID-19 treatment has a
-staff has been trained by specialists from the Ministry of Health;
-the use of provided personal protective equipment such as gloves, masks,
coveralls and glasses is mandatory for staff;
-relevant hygiene measures such as hands washing and disinfection, disinfection
of surfaces and public areas;
- disinfection of trucks and vehicles;
- employees who do not maintain essential services are put on standby duty;
- persons returning from risk areas may not enter the office for 14 days after their
- continuous dissemination of leaflets with WHO recommendations regarding
prevention of COVID-19 among passengers at all customs border crossing points;
- body temperature screening at planes, ships and buses;
- body temperature checks and health inquiry on departure at airports, seaports and
ground points of entry;
- isolation and transfer to hospital of suspected passengers with symptoms like fever
or cough for further testing and observation;
- isolation and transfer to hospital for further testing and observation of passengers
who have visited countries listed in the relevant decision of the Operational
Headquarters under the Cabinet of Ministers for the last 28 days;
-entry passengers are required to fill in health declaration forms, providing all
necessary information about their address, contact information and countries
visited for last 28 days;
- continuous data exchange between the relevant agencies.
Azerbaijan and Georgia, the decision on the temporary closure of the state border, adopted on March 13, 2020, was extended until April 20. There is a transit corridor for cargo transportation.
The decision made on 29 February 2020 to temporarily close the state border between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Islamic Republic of Iran is extended until April 20.
(Source: https://cabmin.gov.az/az/article/762/ )