Source: The Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc. (BTMI)
ALL travellers into Barbados, inclusive of those deemed fully vaccinated, are asked to review, and indicate their acceptance of the following:
ALL travellers must travel with a valid negative Standard COVID-19 PCR test result.
With specific reference to the type of PCR test required and accepted for entry into Barbados:
- The specimen taken must be a nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal swab (or both) taken by a healthcare provider
- The sample must be taken within 3 days prior to arrival.
- The laboratory performing the test must be an accredited, certified or recognized facility
Please note that the following will NOT be accepted:
- Nasal swab samples
- Saliva samples
- Self-administered tests (even if the sample was taken under the supervision of a healthcare provider)
- Home kits
- Rapid PCR tests
Effective May 30, 2021
The travel history of a fully vaccinated traveller, where they have travelled from or transited through countries of special consideration within the 21 day period immediately prior to arrival, will determine which protocols apply. Countries of special consideration are those where the prevalence of certain variants of COVID-19 are deemed of particular concern to Barbados Public Health Officials.
Countries of Special Consideration
- South Africa
Please be informed that the visa entry requirements have been re-imposed with immediate effect for nationals of India, Brazil and South Africa seeking to travel to Barbados.
In this regard, persons seeking to travel to Barbados with passports from these countries are required to apply for entry visas (single, multiple) prior to arrival.
Persons traveling from or transiting through these jurisdiction within the last 21 days shall:
- Come to Barbados with a valid Nasopharyngeal or Oropharyngeal COVID-PCR Test
- Have a repeated PCR Test on arrival at the Grantley Adams International Airport
- 7 days quarantine (no exceptions)
- Test on day 8 to exit
- There will be no distinction between the vaccinated and un-vaccinated passengers traveling from the aforementioned countries.
All persons will be required to quarantine one of the following specially identified properties for the full quarantine period at the expense of the traveler.
NEW COVID-19 HEALTH PROTOCOLS
Are you planning to visit barbados
As we welcome you back to our beautiful island there are a number of precautions and safeguards being implemented to protect both locals and visitors while on island. Barbados has updated its travel protocols which will take effect May 30th, 2021.
Further information: https://www.visitbarbados.org/covid-19-travel-guidelines-2020
Source: Barbados Government Information Service (BGIS)
March 19, 2020: A mandatory quarantine mandate will take effect from Sunday, March 22nd, 2020 and will remain in effect until further notice. The Ministry of Health and Wellness requires that all persons coming to Barbados from these countries/ territories be quarantined for a period of fourteen (14) days from the time of last exposure. The protocols established by the Ministry of Health and Wellness to contain the virus for visitors arriving from all other countries, remain in effect.
The Ministry of Health and Wellness may be addressed to the hotline at 536-4500 (operating 24 hours daily).