Source: Discover Dominica Authority (DDA) | Ministry of Tourism International Transport and Maritime Initiatives
As of April 4th, travellers will no longer be required to fill and submit the pre-travel online form.
The requirement for pre-arrival testing, and testing on arrival for vaccinated travellers at all ports of entry, including seafarers and yachters, has been removed.
However, testing on arrival for symptomatic travellers will remain in effect. Travelers who test positive will be isolated in keeping with local isolation protocols
Unvaccinated travellers must present a negative PCR Test result from a nasopharyngeal swab taken within 72 hours prior to arrival;
Or, a Rapid Antigen Test result from a nasopharyngeal swab taken within 48 hours prior to the expected arrival time in Dominica.
Quarantine for unvaccinated travelers has been removed; however, testing on arrival for symptomatic travellers will remain in effect.
Travelers who test positive will be isolated in keeping with local isolation protocols
Vaccinated travellers must present Proof of vaccination to airlines or other travel carriers prior to boarding and upon disembarkation in Dominica.
Unvaccinated Travellers must present the following to airlines or other travel carriers prior to boarding, and upon disembarkation in Dominica:
A Negative PCR Test result from a nasopharyngeal swab taken within 72 hours prior to arrival, or a Rapid Antigen Test result from a nasopharyngeal swab taken within 48 hours prior to the expected arrival time into Dominica.
The Rapid Antigen Test result must be from an accredited/certified facility.
Therefore, NO Rapid Antigen home Test or self-administered test result will be accepted.
Travellers are no longer required to fill out and submit the pre-travel online form.
Safe In Nature
Travellers who are symptomatic will be tested.
Travellers who test positive will be asked to isolate at a Safe In Nature property.
PCR TESTING FOR OUTBOUND TRAVEL
Book Here https://pcrbooking.dominica.gov.dm
All outbound PCR Tests are conducted at the Windsor Park Sports Stadium on Bath Road in Roseau, and at the Reginald Armour Hospital in Portsmouth.
PCR TEST SAFE IN NATURE
With many destinations requesting proof of a negative PCR Test for arrival, Dominica is extending its "Safe In Nature" commitment program to include a concierge service provided by all participating hotels.
Properties will guide guests through the entire process, including scheduling an appointment including coordinating payment ($40USD). If testing is not on-site host will arrange to transfer guests from their chosen Safe in Nature certified property to the Windsor Park Sports Stadium on Bath Road, or the Reginald Armour Hospital in Portsmouth where outbound PCR testing takes place in Dominica.
Test results are currently being returned within 24-48 hours to comply with the (CDC) 72-hour guidelines.
PCR TEST FOR ALL OTHER DEPARTING VISITORS (NOT SAFE IN NATURE)
To make an appointment(at least two weeks prior to departure date) WhatsApp +1(767) 611 3905,or you can send an email to Patientwelfare501@gmail.com or visit the Windsor Park Sports Stadium on Bath Road. You will be allowed to book an appointment and acquire the form in order to proceed to pay. A passport and vaccination card are needed to complete registration.
You can also book and pay for your outbound PCR test at the Reginald Armour Hospital in Portsmouth at this link https://pcrbooking.dominica.gov.dm
Test results are returned between 24-48hrs and provided via email. PCR test cost XCD$100 or US$40 per test, payments can be made at the Hospital or online via Government of Dominica ePayment Portal. Please note thata copy of the receipt is needed to show proof of payment.Take along receipt, passport, and vaccination card on the day of testing at your chosen location.
- Certified vehicles will be sanitized before and after each trip.
- Limited contact between passengers and driver.
- Passengers and driver to wear face mask at all times inside of the vehicle.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for passengers use within the vehicle.
Trafalgar Falls, Middleham Falls, Emerald Pool, Spanny Falls & other High-Volume Sites
- Adhere to opening hours, days and times when visitors can visit sites.
- Handwashing facilities will be clearly visible.
- All contact areas including railings will be sanitized every hour.
- Public washrooms will be sanitized every hour.
- Hikers are advised to hike in a single line, practice physical distancing protocols and give way to oncoming hikers.
- Number of persons in pools will be limited.
- Physical distancing protocols must be adhered to.
- All areas will be thoroughly sanitized after every use.
- The number of passengers per water sport vessel will be limited to 70% capacity to allow for physical distancing.
- Physical distancing between patrons (individuals or groups) will be enforced.
- All guests should have their temperatures taken prior to boarding the boat.
- Vessel will be sanitized before and after every excursion.
- Water equipment will be sanitized after each use (life jackets, snorkel, kayaks, pedal boats, banana boats, oars, etc).
- Frequently touched areas within the dive shop should be sanitized every hour including counters, shelves, racks, door handles, and any area that may come in contact with the guests.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be made available for guests.
- Reservations are encouraged.
- Restaurant tables will be set at least six feet between tables.
- Tables will not be pre-set.
- Cleaning and sanitizing protocols to be observed.
- Restaurants will be sanitized three times a day (after breakfast, after lunch and after dinner service).
- All tables and chairs will be sanitized after every guest.
- Menu options – Disposable / digital menus provided, use of chalk board, or menus will be sanitized after every guest.
- Hand sanitizers will be available for guests.
Accommodation facilities will be certified to operate under Health and Safety guidelines.
- Temperature checks will be done at all entrances for guests, employees, and suppliers.
- Luggage will be sanitized upon arrival at the accommodation.
- Bellmen will use disposable gloves when handling bags.
- Procedures will be in place to manage suspected cases of COVID-19 in guests and employees.
- Physical distancing measures will be in place for guests and employees.
- Hand sanitizer stations, touchless where possible will be placed at key guest/public locations.
- Vaccinated travelers can stay in both Safe in Nature or COVID-certified properties for their visit to Dominica; however, unvaccinated travelers MUST stay in either a Government operated quarantine facility, or Safe in Nature certified property for the initial mandatory quarantine period until they are discharged by health professionals.
Approved vaccines by the Ministry of Health are Pfizer, AstraZeneca (India and South Korea), Moderna, Janssen (Johnson & Johnson), Sinopharm, Abdala, Soberana, and Sputnik V. Further vaccines may be added by the Ministry of Health, as approved by the World Health Organization.
- Travellers will no longer be required to fill and submit the pre-travel form online
- Vaccinated travellers must present Proof of vaccination to airlines or other travel carriers prior to boarding and upon disembarkation in Dominica.
- Unvaccinated travellers must present the following to airlines or other travel carriers prior to boarding, and upon disembarkation in Dominica.
- a Negative PCR Test result from a nasopharyngeal swab taken within 72 hours before arrival, OR
- a Negative Rapid Antigen Test from a nasopharyngeal swab taken within 48 hours before the expected arrival time in Dominica.
- The Rapid Antigen Test results must be from an accredited/certified facility (No Rapid Antigen Home Test or self-administered test results will be accepted).
- Unvaccinated travellers will no longer be required to quarantine.
- Testing on arrival for symptomatic travellers will remain in effect.
- Travelers who test positive will be isolated in keeping with local isolation protocols
- Children 12 and under will assume the status of parents or guardian
The requirement for pre-arrival testing and testing on arrival for vaccinated travellers at all ports of entry, including seafarers and yachters, has been removed. Please Visit our travel protocols here:
6. Has Ferry services resumed?
7. What are the procedures that cruise visitors should adhere to?
For the Cruise Sector, all vaccinated passengers will be allowed to disembark and tour freely in keeping with established cruise ship and port protocols. Unvaccinated passengers should check with their cruise provider for details on protocols.
8. Where can I go with urgent COVID-19 questions?
The Ministry for Health, Wellness, and New Health Investment can answer your questions. You can call toll-free at 1-800-219 or any of these numbers:
1 (767) 448 2151
1 (767) 448 2156
1 (767) 448 2153
1 (767) 448 2171
9. Where is my one-stop shop for Tourism and Covid related questions?
For tourism and COVID-specific related questions please call the Tourism Customer Service Concierge at:
Telephone: (767) 275-7298 • (767) 275-7293.
Email: DAconcierge1@dominica.gov.dm and DAconcierge2@dominica.gov.dm
10. Which ports of entry are open?
Douglas-Charles and Canefield Airports are open to commercial flights. Dominica seaport is open to cruise, ferry, and yachts. A combination of screening, testing, monitoring, and other protective measures are in place and are designed to protect and safeguard the health of both residents and visitors to Dominica.
11. Which airlines are currently traveling to Dominica?
Click here. The schedule is subject to airline changes. Currently, you can access Dominica via San Juan (SJU), St. Maarten (SXM), Antigua & Barbuda (ANU), Barbados (BGI), St. Lucia (SLU), Guadeloupe (PTP), and Trinidad (POS). America Airlines (AA) began direct flights to Dominica on December 8th, 2022. Daily flights will begin on April 4th, 2022.
12. Is there a cost for getting tested?
The requirement for pre-arrival testing and testing on arrival for vaccinated travellers at all ports of entry, including seafarers and yachters, has been removed. However, testing on arrival for all symptomatic travellers will remain in effect.
Here are the costs for testing in instances where it is required:
- The Antigen Tests cost EC$100.00. Payment can be made via the Government of Dominica ePayment Portal
- The PCR test cost US$40.00 or EC$100.00. Payment can be made via the Government of Dominica ePayment Portal.
- The PCR test required for departure cost US$40.00 or EC$100.00. Payment can be made via the Government of Dominica ePayment Portal.
13. How soon will I receive the test results?
The Antigen Test results will be provided within 20 - 30 minutes, and PCR test results take about 24-48 hours.
14. Where can I get an Antigen Test when departing Dominica?
With many destinations revising and relaxing COVID-19 protocols please check whether your destination requires pre-arrival testing before departing Dominica.
Outbound tests can be done at the following facilities:
The La Falaise Medical Laboratory Ltd
- Make a booking at The La Falaise Medical Laboratory Ltd:
Call at 1 (767) 448 0100, (767) 440 4583, WhatsApp (767) 276-5213,
or email email@example.com
- Cost is $150.00 XCD during normal hours, Monday to Saturday.
$200.00 XCD after normal hours, on Sundays, and on public holidays.
- Results are returned within an hour and will be provided via email upon request.
Adams Health Care
For outbound and local testing
Cost: EC$140.00 or US$52.00 Monday to Friday (at the office)
Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Contact: 1 767 275 1686
Results are returned promptly and will be provided via email on request.
Adams can also come to your location
Mobile: Contact 275 1686 to book
Cost: EC$180.00 or US$66.00
Open on weekends and holidays after 5:00 pm.
Medicus Diagnostic Lab
Book your appointment here for Antigen Test at Medicus Diagnostic Lab. https://medicusdiagnostic.com/covid-19-antigen-test-form/ or call 767-295-5500 to book directly.
- Medicus Diagnostic is located on 2 Rose Street, opposite Lindo Park in Goodwill.
Cost: EC$100.00 or US$37.00
Open from Mondays to Saturdays
Operating hours: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Mobile: 1 767 295 5500
Contact: 1 767 440 6500
Walk-ins are accepted during the week; however, appointments MUST be booked for Sundays and holidays.
Take the following steps to make an appointment:
- Scan barcode located outside our office or go to our website medicusdiagnostic.com.
- On the site, you will be able to register your appointment. Please be sure to bring your photo ID on the day of your test. We ask that you wear your mask, and only remove it when instructed during the test.
- The two ways to obtain your results are e-mail or in-office pick-up, this must be specified during the registration process.
Results are returned after 30 minutes via email, pick up, or waiting.
15. What happens if I have a high temperature or positive Antigen Test?
Testing on arrival for symptomatic travellers will remain in effect. Travelers who test positive will be isolated in keeping with local isolation protocols.
16. Where will I be isolated if tested positive for COVID 19?
Symptomatic travellers who have been tested positive on arrival may be isolated at a Safe in Nature property at the traveler's expense. Safe in the Nature properties list
17. What safety measures and protocols are in place upon arrival and while on the island?
While on the island travelers must follow the Ministry of Health protocols such as wearing face masks in public and practicing good respiratory and personal sanitization.
18. Which accommodations are currently open for guests?
Safe in Nature certified (SIN) properties, and Nature Island Standards of Excellence (NISE) properties are currently open for travellers. All travelers must however subject themselves to monitoring for up to seven (7) days and liaise with their property for assistance with testing if needed.
Please visit the following links for booking a Safe in Nature, or a Nature Island Standards of Excellence property.
- Safe In Nature visit this link.
- Nature Island Standards of Excellence ( link coming soon)
19. What can I expect at a certified accommodation?
All certified accommodations will be adhering to the Health and Safety Guidelines required by the Ministry of Health, Wellness, and New Health Investment:
- Accommodation facilities will be certified to operate under health and safety guidelines
- Temperature checks will be done at all entrances for guests, employees, and suppliers
- Luggage will be sanitized upon arrival
- Bellmen will use disposable gloves when handling bags
- Hand sanitizer stations, touchless where possible, will be placed at key guest/public spaces.
20. If a hotel guest tests positive for COVID-19, will everyone there be isolated?
Initially, all guests will be asked to self-isolate while the Ministry of Health conducts a health risk assessment. Extensive contact tracing will occur to assess the situation.
21. If I have a valid negative PCR test, can I explore the rest of the island?
Dominica welcomes all visitors to explore iconic attractions, and activities such as hiking, diving, watersports, and Wellness spas. You are also encouraged to use certified service providers car rental companies, taxis, tour guides, etc. to enhance your stay. All travelers must however subject themselves to monitoring for up to seven (7) days and liaise with their property for assistance with testing if needed.
22. Are all sites open to Visitors?
All sites are open to visitors. The Division of Forestry, Wildlife & Parks wishes to inform visitors and the general public that fully accessible Waitukubuli National Trails are 5, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14.
Visitors are further advised of the following:
- Non-residents must possess a User Fee Ticket to access the sites.
- Please ensure you take along a mask, hand sanitizer, and your personal water bottle.
23. How do I arrange a transfer to and from the airport?
For arriving passengers:
Once cleared, travellers shall depart from the port on either one of the following transportation options:
a. Safe in Nature-Certified taxi.
b. Rental transportation (Safe in Nature certification is required for Rental companies to operate at the Ports). Drivers shall be fully vaccinated.
c. Family / Friend pick up
i. Only the driver will be allowed entry into the Port.
ii. Driver must be fully vaccinated.
iii. Pick up only at the first roundabout immediately after the parking lot at the Douglas-Charles Airport.
For departing passengers:
• Vehicles will only be allowed to access the airport and seaport with the driver and travellers.
24. Have Airport Rates Changed
Yes, airport rates have changed, and due to physical and social distancing, the taxi shuttle system has been discontinued. However, the Airport Dispatch will assist you with taxis to your various destinations.
25. Is other ground transportation available?
Yes, once you have been medically cleared you can rent a vehicle. Certified car rental companies are available, and their staff have received training in passenger safety and minimizing risks. Health and safety protocols will be followed. Visitors should use approved transportation.
All travelers must however subject themselves to monitoring for up to seven (7) days in addition to scheduled and unscheduled checks. Here is a list of Certified Car Rental Companies you can contact, or your hotel can provide suggestions.
26. Is there anything I need to do when leaving Dominica?
- Travelers should ensure that they have secured their destination pre-arrival clearance documents
- Vehicles will only be allowed to access the airport and seaport with the driver and travellers.
- Travelers must wear a face mask at all times during the departure process including entering planes.
- Sanitization measures will be in place at airports
- Travelers should follow the instructions of health care staff and port officials.
27. Will I need a PCR test before leaving Dominica?
Please ensure that your transit port or final destination requires pre-arrival testing before departing Dominica. For PCR or Antigen, arrange with your Safe in Nature property for facilitating your test.
If you need a PCR Test when departing the country, the process for obtaining one is as follows:
- WhatsApp 1(767) 611 3905, or email Patientwelfare501@gmail.com to make an appointment.
- Pay for the test at the accounts department at the Dominica-China Friendship Hospital (the former Princess Margaret Hospital) located on Upper Charles Avenue in Goodwill, and also via the Government of Dominica E-Payment Portal
- Present your stamped form and printed receipt upon arrival at the Windsor Park Sports Stadium.
- Get your test done at the Windsor Park Sports Stadium, or as designated by the medical professionals.
- The results will be given provided via email within 24-48 hours.
- The property management may facilitate the PCR testing request for guests.
28. Are Dominica’s 2022 major events still on?
The Ministry of Tourism International Transport and Maritime Initiatives, through the Discover Dominica Authority (DDA), has decided to hold World Creole Music Festival from October 28 - 30th, 2022. We will continue to monitor protocols set by the Ministry of Health, Wellness, and New Health Investment for all other activities. As such statements will be made as we approach each activity.
Source: World Tourism Organization UNWTO
Source: Presidency of the Commonwealth of Dominica
1 April 2020: Statutory Rules and Orders No. 14 of 2020: Proclamation declaring a State of Emergency in Dominica
16 March 2020: all travel to and from China is banned. Arriving passengers must complete a health declaration form and be screened for elevated body temperature. Anyone showing flu-like symptoms or who has been to an affected area in the past 14 days may be placed in 14-day home quarantine.