Source: WCO/National Board of Revenue (NBR)
3 April 2020
1. An SRO has been issued that exempted all duties and taxes for the imports of medical equipment and medicine related to coronavirus.
2. An office order has been issued to continue customs activities on a limited scale in all customs offices during the lockdown so as to release medicine, medical equipment, foods, etc.
3. An office order has been issued to accept documents in soft copy when assessing goods imported from China. It is under consideration for other Countries as well.
4. However, all Customs officers are ordered to stay in their respective customs Stations/Houses to address any emergency situation.
5. All customs Stations/Houses have also taken initiatives to alert their staff to follow the guidelines of WHO, while working in the desk and/or dealing with the stakeholders at the port or/and the airport.